Search This Blog

Friday, August 17, 2012

FIFTY YEARS AGO TODAY 8/17/1962

I intended to start a new feature for Fridays in which I would post from the film archives of the Worcester Telegram and the Worcester Gazette The front page of each of those dailies, as well as an editorial page, an entertainment page and a local news page for the Spencer area.
I sent the images from the film reader earlier today, but unfortunately I failed to notice that someone had set the files to pdf,  which I needed to change to jpg.  I've never found the unit in a pdf configuration before, so just didn't pay attention.  So if you'd like to see those pages from fifty years ago today, leave a comment or e-mail me at trrytrvrs@gmail.com and I'll send those files as a perfectly readable attachment.  It's a blogger thing. Sorry!

UPDATE: I downloaded an app app to convert pdf files to jpg.  Here's the front page of the Telegram for fifty years ago today.  I'll add the other four in a fresh post.  The lesson here is ya gotta pay attention!!