Pageviews past week

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Fwd: The Massachusetts Observer



The Massachusetts Observer


Just for Fun "Here Comes the Groom"

Posted: 20 Aug 2013 08:23 AM PDT


As people may be aware, I have another blog called Southbridge Old Time Radio. In addition to posting daily programs from radio's Golden Age, I also have what I refer to as "Southbridge Old Time Radio Nostalgia Songs." I enjoy finding very old songs and making videos of them. These I post on YouTube.

This is one of them to illustrate. The song is from 1916 and the recording is also. Billy Murray was one of the most prolific and in-demand soloists during the acoustic period (before microphones).

This particular song called "Here Comes the Groom" is dedicated to those guys who felt like "props" at their own weddings! It's a "fun" song! I hope you agree.






You are subscribed to email updates from Massachusetts Observer
To stop receiving these emails, you may unsubscribe now.
Email delivery powered by Google
Google Inc., 20 West Kinzie, Chicago IL USA 60610